The Lutheran Church in Malaysia and Singapore (LCMS) was planted by missionaries from America and Europe in 1953. The Lutheran Church in Singapore (LCS) was constituted on 30th October 1997 after being part of the LCMS since 1963.
Currently there are six congregations and one of them, Thai Good News Centre is a mission congregation reaching out to the Thai people in Singapore.
It also has a seafarer’s mission to take care of the spiritual and physical well being of the seafarers that passes the ports in Singapore.
The LCS is currently involved in mission works in several countries including Thailand, Cambodia, China and Mongolia.